Re: [K12OSN] Rsync and NFS install questions

On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 11:13, Jim Kronebusch wrote:
> > rsync -Pav k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us::K12LTSP-beta/* .
>
> Just one quick stupid question here.  After the first time I download
> the isos and checksum with the above command, all I have to do in the
> future is run the same command from within the same directory and my
> file will update with the newest version right?

You'll have to rename them - and change the rsync command to use
the final location.  If you run
rsync  k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us:: with no destination you'll get
a listing of available sources and you can keep adding them to
the command line to walk down the directory trees (you must add
a trailing / to get the contents).

> Ah heck, while I am at it, once these are downloaded what do I have to
> do to be able to NFS install from them?  Do I need to expand the ISO
> files somehow or just leave them as is.  I know how to export the folder
> with NFS, just not what the files in the share should look like.

The .iso files are all you need - the installer is smart enough to
do a loopback mount for you to find the contents.  Just burn the
first disk to boot, then type 'linux askmethod' at the boot prompt
and pick NFS image.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les futuresource com