[K12OSN] LDAP/Samba users copy to SME Box?

I am planning on using my sme firewall to do authenticating to allow
internet access. My question is rather than duplicating the users I
already have on the ldap/samba server can I just copy the users and
passwords over to the sme box?? If so, where would this file be on the
ldap/samba server?? Thanks for any help.

Randy Swift
Network Administrator
Leavitt Area High School
Turner, Maine 04282