[K12OSN] KVM and Fedora Mouse Issue

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Jul 28 04:17:14 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 21:00, Timothy Legge wrote:

> Many thatnks, I may have to give up my recent fixation on using the
> middle button to paste...
>

> > "verynices" an app.  Tim didn't mention using the KVM in my related
> > thread, so it may not be the cause of mouse trouble in our case.
>
> I believe I did actually.  I at least thought it...but I do have a 4
> port KVM and my issue generally occurs on the switch between PCs...

If you can dig up another monitor, a neat alternative to a KVM is
to use 'synergy' to pass keyboard and mouse control among multiple
machines, making them act like a single multi-headed box even
though they might be running different OS's - and you get
cut/paste across them too. http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/

I use it at home with a single monitor with a built in 2
way switch and at work spanning across 2 desktop machines
and a laptop that is usually there.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com