[K12OSN] re: IDEALX [samba] Management Console (Jim Kronebusch)

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Thu Jul 28 06:16:33 UTC 2005

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005, Jim Kronebusch wrote:

> I keep thinking I get this running and then BAM! It doesn't work.  Now I
> get 500 internal server errors, the service starts with some weird "Not
> a GLOB reference" error at line 454 or SSL.pm, the login link on the
> home page brings up a blank page, just weird stuff.  I wonder if this
> just isn't compatable with FC4 yet.  I try to rpm -e imc-1.2.50 to
> reinstall and it says "error reading information on service imc: no such
> file or directory" "error: %postun (imc-1.2.50-1.i386) scriptlet failed,
> exit status 1"
>
> But /etc/init.d/imc start starts the service with the above error.
>
> Has anyone given this a whirl on FC4?

Just out of curiousity, did you update around the time you started
having problems?

There is a new version of perl-IO-Socket-SSL in Fedora Extras. If you
upgraded just before you had problems, let me know and I'll help you
"downgrade" that package to see if the new one is broken. If you have
not updated recently, do so and see if it now works...

 	yum install perl-IO-Socket-SSL

"rpm -q perl-IO-Socket-SSL" will tell you what version you have.
The old package is perl-IO-Socket-SSL-0.96-4
The new package is perl-IO-Socket-SSL-0.97-1.fc4

-Eric