[K12OSN] Filter-CensorNet

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 27 09:52:06 UTC 2005

I'm testing out CensorNet right now, too.  Sounds like
you have it set up similar to me.  What worked for me
is the 1-nic setup, and turning the firewall off.  (We
already have a firewall/gateway).  I assigned the
CensorNet machine an available ip address and to test
it, I pointed my browser to that ip address.  (In
Firefox under Linux, it's Edit, Preferences, General,
Connection Settings).  CensorNet needs to be told
where the gateway and dns server is.  This is covered
in the setup of your nic's.

By the way, I found that I was able to use the
SquidGuard blacklists that Eric makes available.  I
don't know how to make them appear in the web
interface, though.

-Rob