[K12OSN] Hardware questions

Chris Thomas cwt137 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 30 19:01:07 UTC 2005

I agree with Petre. You need lots O' ram. Do to your
budget constraint, you might have to sacrifice some
CPU power, but that's ok since you are going to have a
duel CPU setup. I would look into a dual Opteron
solution as well. Sometimes AMD is cheaper than Intel.

 If you are going to have 25 clients, I would look
into gigabit on the server and a switch that has
gigabit uplinks. I got a 24 10/100 + 2 100/1000 uplink
(26 ports total) unmanaged switch from dell a year ago
for about $100 (on sale). So consider the cost of new
network equipment too.

Chris