[K12OSN] version 4.2.0 rc1

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 15 10:40:07 UTC 2005

Liam,

At home I have Mandrake 10.1 with LTSP 4.1 on top.  I
followed the instructions on the LTSP wiki (there's a
section for Distro-specific instructions).  It went
pretty smoothly, but I get a couple error messages on
bootup (though they don't seem to hurt performance).
One of them is "syslogd could not write to remote
handle on 192.168.2.254:501" (or something close to
that).

For sound I use esd and it works for everything I've
tried, which is:  xmms, mplayer, gcompris, and
childsplay.

If you choose to go this route, I can send you all my
config files.

Installing K12LTSP was definitely easier for me, but I
learned a lot when installing LTSP on top of Mandrake.
 I haven't tried sound with K12LTSP.

-Rob