[K12OSN] blacklists -- paid vs. free

richard ingalls aslansreturn at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 20 13:20:56 UTC 2005

My first Linux project was to get my school district
properly "filtered".  The commercial filter they were
using was unacceptable.  I pulled it off the network
and built a squid/SquidGuard/DansGuardian box.  I
found an easy to use webmin module for DansGuardian
(DG) and use it to administer the filter.  I never
touch squid or squidGuard, but SG updates it's lists
every night automagically!  I use DG to customize the
"phraselists" and it seems to work very well!  Out
cost? 0$!

You can't beat FREE!  And it works beautifully!