[K12OSN] Windows Users changing password or not as the case may be

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Mon Mar 7 23:49:34 UTC 2005

Brian...can you verify that if you change the Windows (aka Samba) password
does the Unix password change too?  The reason I ask is that on my current
production server configured based on my how-to (prior to the script) has
the line unix password sync = yes and also ldap password sync = yes in the
smb.conf file...and as a result....changing the password works.  I'm
wondering if something has changed in either smbldap-tools or samba to
make that not the case in the new version.  In any case...if the unix
password also changes...we'll be fine...otherwise folks will have two
different passwords and that'll get confusing.  I can't test until
tomorrow....can you test on your system and report back to Matt and I?

dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
(207)923-3100