[K12OSN] log off users via ssh?

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Mar 10 16:19:16 UTC 2005

> > Is there a way to log off users that are not suppose to be logged.
> >
> > This would be done from a remote site, possibly via ssh.
> >
> > Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

I think what Greg is asking is how would he log of LTSP users in a lab
at school while he is offsite.  I know he could log in with VNC and use
TeacherTool.

So my suggestion would be to install VNC Server on the LTSP server and
then use a VNC client to connect to the server (from whatever platform).
Unless someone has an easy way to do this as he suggested through ssh.

Is there a command line tool to list current users and then another to
kill specific users?  Would probably want something sensitive to LTSP so
as not to corrupt things.