[K12OSN] Dovecot mbox warning and question

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Sun Mar 13 19:03:52 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 12:14, mrok12osn at eastgranby.k12.ct.us wrote:

> This morning (Sunday), I shut down dovecot and installed the UWimap binary
> rpm from FC1 into FC3.  It appears to be working well, but am I really
> exposed using the FC1 binary on FC3?  There is no rpm for UWimap for FC3.

I replied to a similar message that was probably yours on the fedora
list but if the binary runs you are probably OK, and if it didn't you
could rebuild most src rpms across fedora versions.

However maildir format is really better for imap because the one
message per file scheme avoids locking issues during delivery and
deletions. If you are using procmail for delivery you can have it
use maildir instead - and I think postfix can do it directly as well.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com