[K12OSN] lts.conf

Jim McQuillan jam at mcquil.com
Mon Mar 21 17:56:19 UTC 2005

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Eric Harrison wrote:

> Huck wrote:
> > does this get 'read' each time a client boots up?
> >
> > I'm trying to do some X_MODE tweaks and want to be sure
> > that each time I make a tweak I can just reboot the CLIENT
> > and the tweak will be in effect...or if some process needs
> > to be HUP'd or something else.
> >
> > --Huck
> >

> Yes, it is read each time a client boots up.

You don't even need to reboot the client, to get it to re-read those
entries.

After you log out, just hit  Ctrl-Alt-Backspace.

That will kill the Xserver, which will cycle through, and respawn the
startx script, which will re-read the config file, and regenerate the
XF86Config file.

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org