[K12OSN] K12LTSP and Local Printing Issue

Michael Elliott melliott at rpmhealthstop.org
Mon Mar 28 22:11:20 UTC 2005

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read my note.

I have setup K12LTSP at two seperate locations.  The second I have
identical hardware on the server so I made a copy of the entire hard
drive instead of doing a new install.  With that said - I did change the
IP Addresses of the system, which may be part of my problem.

What is happening is that I have setup lts.conf for the printing ~
    [ws154]
    PRINTER_0_DEVICE = /dev/lp0
    PRINTER_0_TYPE = P

I also modified dhcpd.conf to set the MAC to a particular IP Address
192.168.0.154

OK - I go to add the printer and send a test print.  If I just go ahead
and press "Yes" that the printout was the output was correct I can see
in the printer configuration  Window the following:  Network host
'192.168.0.154' is busy

I have updated the Printer Configuation utility - same issue.

I had this before (last year) and when I was having a problem before I
had a section in lts.conf that had the MAC address prior to the printer
declaration, when I commented it out - it worked.  I tried the lts.conf
with and without the MAC section - no help

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Mike