[K12OSN] OT: Smoothwall and Dansguardian

Jon Spriggs jon.spriggs at gmail.com
Wed May 4 06:35:22 UTC 2005

On 5/3/05, Henry Hartley <henryhartley at westat.com> wrote:

> >> OK, chmod 666 the log file, and see if anything is written then...
>
> Nope, that didn't help.  So it isn't a permissions issue on the log
> file.
> Also, it's not actually blocking any sites.  So, it's likely not even
> being called.  In the past it just worked.  I've tried turning proxying
> off and back on but in either state it doesn't seem to be working.  The
> Smoothwall admin page shows it as either on or off as set.

Hmmm OK, try reading the init script and see what it calls. If it's
something like "/usr/bin/dansgardian -d" or similar, read the manpage
on dansgardian and see whether there are any switches to force it to
run in non-daemonised mode... and run it like that. If it's still not
working, then contact the author's D-List and see whether they've got
any suggestions. Sorry I can't be more help :(
--
Jon "Four Star Gun" Spriggs AKA
Jon "The Nice Guy" Spriggs