[ok-mail] [K12OSN] OT: alternative to MS Frontpage

John Hansknecht jhansknecht at hanstech.com
Thu May 5 12:04:57 UTC 2005

On Thursday 05 May 2005 06:44, Rob Owens wrote:
> I was hoping to install a mini lab in my church's
> youth center, but I just discovered that the church's
> website is done with Frontpage and cannot be viewed in
> Firefox.  This will cause some difficulties gaining
> linux acceptance, as you might imagine.  I'd like to
> approach the designer (a volunteer) about changing his
> ways, but I'd like to be armed with some good
> alternatives to using Frontpage.

As an alternative if you can't get him to switch is to get him to modify the
settings in Frontpage to support a web site that is Firefox compatible. If he
opens Frontpage, opens the web site and then goes to Tools > Page Options
there is a "compatability" tab that allows you to set your expected client
web browsers. If he sets it for "both Internet Explorer and Navigator" it
will stop using the features that work only with Internet Explorer. One thing
though, I don't know if this will fix the existing pages on the site, only
prevent him from using the IE only features going forward.

--

Thanks,

John

 system and Linus Torvalds claims to be trying to take over the world.
                - Mattrol at uscom.com (Drakmere)