Re: [K12OSN] IceWM and some KDE apps

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 03:18:48PM -0400, Christopher Butler wrote:
> Obviously, this is a solution, but not a good one.  So, my question now
> is, how do I get kdeinit to run correctly on login?

I'm no KDE expert, but I notice on my Debian system (where I run KDE apps
on top of a KDE desktop) that most of the processes don't show up in the
process table simply as "program_name" (e.g., "amarok" or "konquerort"),
but as "kdeinit: program_name arguments...")

Perhaps it has to do with how "kstars" is being launched???
(I can't imagine why; KDE apps seem to figure themselves out alright, even
if they're not under a strict KDE environment, but obviously not in your
case ;^) )

Good luck!

-bill!