[K12OSN] SAMBA/LDAP install problems

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue May 24 14:05:58 UTC 2005

I have been following all the instructions at:
http://web.vcs.u52.k12.me.us/linux/smbldap/

I got to the part to run smbldap-populate (btw, I have 0.8.6 on my system
as a result of something I did, as running rpm for the downloaded 0.8.4
told me that 0.8.6 was already installed).

Of course everything was at /opt/idealx/sbin which I had to explicitly
enter (not in path).

I got a lot of errors.  Lots of fail to add entries.  I tried to copy the
messages from termnal to gedit to put in this message, but it seems there
are special characters in the messages, and paste into gedit files.

What do I do next?