[K12OSN] SAMBA/LDAP install problems

I have been following all the instructions at: http://web.vcs.u52.k12.me.us/linux/smbldap/

I got to the part to run smbldap-populate (btw, I have 0.8.6 on my system as a result of something I did, as running rpm for the downloaded 0.8.4 told me that 0.8.6 was already installed).

Of course everything was at /opt/idealx/sbin which I had to explicitly enter (not in path).

I got a lot of errors. Lots of fail to add entries. I tried to copy the messages from termnal to gedit to put in this message, but it seems there are special characters in the messages, and paste into gedit files.

What do I do next?