Re: [K12OSN] email for each user

Tim Litwiller wrote:
I'd recomend getting SME server from www.contribs.org but that is optional.

Here is what you'll need to do. Change your email forwarding for your domain to point to your mail server as the mx record. Then setup all the user accounts and aliases.

If your connection is down email will bounce. But if you can setup a second email server and a backup mx server it can go there instead. I'd recommend that it be hosted on a seperate network if you go that route so they aren't both down.
zoneedit.com (and probably many others) can handle your domain name and act as a backup mail server for a minimal cost($11/domain/year). I use this for my home SME server that is on a dynamic ip. If my broadband goes down, zoneedit receives mail for my domain and delivers it when broadband comes back up.