[K12OSN] rsync help

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Nov 11 15:41:41 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 08:27, Dimitri Yioulos wrote:

> > http://www.hantslug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?LinuxHints/SSHwithoutPasswords
> >
> > & this one
> >
> > http://dsg.port.ac.uk/~rjb/misc/howto/ssh/index.php
> >
> > The second one makes more sense if you've read the first one first :-)
> >
> > Brian
> >

> I must be a complete moron, because even though I followed these latest
> how-to's to the letter, I'm still prompted for a password.  What in the world
> am I doing wrong?

First make sure that you are doing the setup and operation as the
same user. Ssh is very picky about $HOME/.ssh/* being owned by the right
person, having the correct permissions, and not having any directories
above writable by others.  Try an 'ssh -v' with the same user(s) and
you may see a reason for the failure.

--
 Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com