Re: [K12OSN] pointer movement

If you use KDE, there is such an indicator.  It can be configured to give the "launching" indicator for anywhere between one and thirty seconds.

--TP

On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 07:57 -0800, Larry Mateo wrote:
We have experienced the same behavior--by StarOffice and students.  Our solution is to have the students right-click the appropriate icon and select "Open" from the floating menu.  There still isn't a desktop indicator that the application is loading, but the students now avoid starting multiple instances of the same program.

> Our students keep clicking on the Writer Icon to start up the program
> not realizing that the application is "Starting Up".  Is there a way to
> make the pointer spin or do some kind of Windoze action to let the user
> know that the application is starting?
>

> Ronald R. McDaniel
> Conecuh County Schools
> (251) 578-7073 x26
> (251) 230-0658 cell
> rmcdaniel indata us

Larry Mateo
Network Technician II
Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District
larrym fsusd k12 ca us