Re: [K12OSN] Autoconfiguring Proxy settings without visiting each machine or use of loginscripts

On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 13:27, Brian Chivers wrote:

> Only tried it on IE quickly but seems to work. I expect most of you have
> already seen this but I thought there might be a few people out there
> that like me hadn't :-)

I had to do this here to get automatic updates for W2K to work. For some
stupid reason, the auto update completely ignores whatever proxy
settings you put in through the control panel or within IE itself. None
of the Windows machines were updating until I did the WPAD trick.

--
george kocke <webmaster vol org>
http://www.vol.org