Re: [K12OSN] lightweight file manager with good thumbnails

Peter Hartman wrote:

Hey all,
I've been looking around for a lightweight file manager than nautilus
that has has good thumbnail support.  I tried xfe but it completely
locks up when you use thumbnail view with hi-res pictures.  Is there a
way to integrate gthumb into a file manager.  Is there maybe a file
manager that has a button to launch gthumb using the current folder? Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Peter
I haven't had time to check it out, but NDN (http://ndn.muxe.com/) now has a Linux version. I've used the DOS/Windows versions for /years/ and consider them absolute necessities for any admin. Think 'Midnight Commander on steroids'. It is strictly a text-mode program, but it can easily launch any program you want (four different ways - two types of launching, plus edit & view) for a given file type.

--
Keith Olson
K-Soft Consulting