[K12OSN] K12LTSP: High School Experiences

rmcdaniel at indata.us rmcdaniel at indata.us
Mon Oct 24 21:55:14 UTC 2005

I have installed 40 thin clients in our high school.  30 went into a lab
and the other 10 are in the library.  The students have picked up
OpenOffice and Firefox without a hitch.  They seem to be much more
adaptive than our teachers.  We are using HP 9510 thin clients running
off of an HP ML350 Dual Xeon server with 4GB mem.  Our network is 100Mb
switched and the speed is great.  The ease of management has been great,
no more reloads.  Just make sure that you are not using hubs.  They
don't work very well in a thin client environment.  We are using icewm,
thanks to all for the recommendation.

Ronald R. McDaniel
Conecuh County Schools
(251) 578-7073 x26