[K12OSN] Defending education usage for k12ltsp

Dan Kegel daniel.r.kegel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 01:25:54 UTC 2005

On 10/24/05, Joseph Bishay <joseph.bishay at gmail.com> wrote:
> So tomorrow I have to go into the school and meet with the new
> principal, where I have to defend that the linux lab has some sort of
> educational value. As the message that was left for me said, "All the
> educational software on the market is for Windows."

For what it's worth, I'm working on increasing Wine's support
for educational software.  Honestly, though, if you need to
run a wide spectrum of educational titles today, you need
Windows.  Can you perhaps embrace this as a temporary
measure, and set up your lab so that you can boot all
workstations to either LTSP or Windows remotely?