[K12OSN] Re: Saving Monitor Power

Carl Keil carl at snarlnet.com
Sat Oct 22 04:56:06 UTC 2005

    *   /From/: Robert Arkiletian <robark gmail com>
    * /To/: "Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn
      redhat com>
    * /Subject/: Re: [K12OSN] Re: Saving Monitor Power
    * /Date/: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 20:41:39 -0700

On 10/21/05, Carl Keil <carl snarlnet com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply and the suggestion.  I tried that, and all the other settings (standby, offtime, etc) singly and in pairs.  Nothing worked.  Any other suggestions?

Did you reboot the clients after you made the changes to lts.conf?
I'm using 4.2.1EL

--
Robert Arkiletian

Yeah, I rebooted everything, even the server (due to unrelated maintenance).  Now one client sleeps and the other doesn't.

The one that sleeps gets logged into with Gnome and it's an NEC monitor.  The other runs KDE and is a Dell monitor.  I really have no idea what effects this behavior though.