[K12OSN] Network Install

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Fri Sep 30 16:16:42 UTC 2005

You still need disk 1 to boot from.  At the boot prompt type

linux askmethod

After a few questions, you'll be asked to pick the installation method from a list.
Choose HTTP, and then for the website and directory, point it at
http://sunsite.utk.edu/ftp/pub/linux/k12ltsp/4.2.1EL/iso/
Unless you have a REALLY big/fast internet connection, it's going to take a while.  I
suspect that it would actually be more efficient to download the ISOs to an existing box
and make those available via NFS.  That way you can use a 100Mb pipe for the
installation (or Gb if you have it).

Petre