[K12OSN] Re: [Ltsp-discuss] how to backup /home ?

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 5 22:57:12 UTC 2006

--- Les Mikesell <les at futuresource.com> wrote:
>I'd recommend either starting from the
> Centos-based version
> of k12ltsp which will be very familiar but has a
> longer expected
> life, or ubuntu which has the advantage of an
> available
> pre-configured packaged (but it's not that hard to
> do yourself).

I recently test-installed backuppc on both CentOS and
Ubuntu.  Something didn't work right on the
from-source install on the CentOS system (my fault,
I'm sure).  Installing backuppc on Ubuntu was
dead-easy, so I never bothered to figure out what went
wrong on the CentOS install, though it had to do with
Apache.

The next release of Ubuntu (due June 1, I believe) is
going to be supported for 5 years.

-Rob