[K12OSN] sound in Rhythmbox only works for one user

Gideon Romm ltsp at symbio-technologies.com
Thu Aug 17 14:51:57 UTC 2006

Petre-

Try logging in as that user and either open a terminal and run:
gstreamer-properties  (which will bring up a GUI and choose "esd" as the
audio sink)  OR I believe in Fedora the same GUI can be opened by going
to:  System -> Preferences -> Multimedia System Selector   (or some
such)

(They keep moving the menu around, so I have gotten accustomed to
knowing how to run the GUIs from a terminal window ;) )

In the future, you could do:  scp -r oldbox:/home/pam /home/
Be sure that all of the permissions and ownerships are preserved.  I
usually prefer to use rsync, because if the connection breaks while
transferring the files, you can pick up where you left off.

Cheers,

-Gideon