[K12OSN] New Questions

Mel Wade mel at melwade.com
Sun Aug 20 00:15:12 UTC 2006

Hi.  I'm new to this list and seriously considering K12LTSP for your
school.  I've taken over responsibilites for IT in a school and students
arive in a week.  We have an outdated computer lab in our library that I
would like to convert to an LTSP lab.  Here are my questions:

   1. We are a Windows shop.  Can we have the login for the LTSP validate
   with the Win 2000/3 AD and still have the ablility to lock down the desktops
   for all but Admins and Student Admins?
   2. Can I map their home folders to a Windows 2000/3 server home
   folder?
   3. Is there a list of network cards that will work "out of the box"
   for PXE boot wint LTSP?  Are there any low cost ones that are recommended?
   4. Anything advice in getting this up and running in less than a
   week?  I'm not a Linix guru but hope to do this without any big problems.

That's it for a start.  Thanks in advance for your advice and assistance.
--
Mel Wade
"I love it when a plan comes together." - Hannibal