[K12OSN] floppyd Local Devices

Ray Garza ray at mission.lib.tx.us
Mon Aug 28 18:42:27 UTC 2006

On Monday 28 August 2006 12:06, Ray Garza wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I'm using K12LTSP 4.4.1 and upgraded LTSP to 4.2
>
> My clients boot up fine and all but I cannot get the local floppy drive and
> thumb drives to work. If I add the RCFILE_01 = floppyd to the lts.conf I
> get the following error on the client at bootup:
>
> RCFile_ is setup in lts.conf but it does not exist in the /etc/rc.d
> directory
>
> What file is it looking for in the rc.d directory?
>
> Ray

Here is a little more information:
I was following the instruction found at:

http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/LTSP-42-LocalDev

In the section on installing FUSE for FC 4 it says that after performing the
yum install fuse fuse-libs to do a modprobe fuse. When I do that, I get an
error message saying that the FUSE module could not be found. The exact
message is:

FATAL : Module fuse was not found

When I check to see if they are installed I find fuse 2.5.3-1.fc4 and
fuse-libs 2.5.3-1.fc4

I suspect that is the problem but I'm stuck.

Any ideas?

Ray