Re: [K12OSN] When keeping login records...

If you don't want people to connect via ftp on a given day, the best thing would be to run 'service vsftpd stop' and shutdown the daemon. Since this can only be done by root, putting the teacher and/or sub into /etc/sudoers and putting an icon on the desktop that calls 'sudo service vsftpd stop' would seem to be the easiest way.

Petre

Alan Hodson wrote:
Looks very doable - thanks Petre.
What would it take to turn this into a small application (who-log) that
could be turned on and off as needed? I am thinking of a teacher that
knows s/he is going to be absent, tels the sub not to allow anybody on
the system, but then has the undeniable evidence if the request is
disregarded...not that we don't trust subs or kids.
Cheers
Alan
El Paso TX
-=o=-