[K12OSN] client resolution using vesa driver

I've installed FC6 (K12LTSP but without installing the LTSP parts) on a machine that I also use as a client for my K12LTSP 5 server. The FC6 correctly detects the Via video chipset on the motherboard, and in the xorg.conf file it uses the vesa driver. With this, it gives me a 1600x1200 resolution, which I like. However, as a client to my K12LTSP 5 server, during bootup, it says it cannot identify the video hardware and so it is falling back to using the vesa driver. That would seem to be okay since that's what the FC6 is using. But I can't get the resolution to be any higher than 800x600, despite various changes in the lts.conf file. Why would that be, since both are using the vesa driver?

Petre