Re: [K12OSN] Problems with Firefox, OO and KDE apps start up speed with SMBLDA

--- David Trask <dtrask vcsvikings org> wrote:
> Julian....are you running gigabit between the samba/ldap
> server and the
> k12LTSP server?  If not you really should.  Remember....you'll
> need to use
> gigabit switches too so nothing has to "negotiate" down to
> 100baseT.

We have a 10/100 switch with one gigabit port that we plug the
K12LTSP server DHCP interface into.

I believe the rest of the network is 10/100.

What confuses me is that OpenOffice can start up fine (and fast)
from the command line but barfs when invoked from the panel
icon.

~ Julian