[K12OSN] LTSP Authenticating from and Mounting OSX Volumes

Brad Johnson bjohnson at independence.k12.ia.us
Tue Feb 7 03:00:23 UTC 2006

yes...very easily.  takes not more than a few steps.  I use NFS for
my ltsp servers...make sure to share your folders on os x using nfs.
set up ltsp server to authenticate to ldap.  edit your fstab file to
mount the nfs file system...by default, os x users have their nfs
home folders mounted on /Network/Servers/NameOfYourServer.  Make sure
you os x users have a login shell chosen for their user account.
This can be found under 'workgroup manager'...this step is very
important to check...I believe by default os x accounts are set up
with no login shell chosen....MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ONE CHOSEN.  Reboot
your ltsp server once authentication is set up, and login.  I'm going
from memory right now, so if you want more detailed steps, respond to
this and I'll write tomorrow from work.

Brad