[K12OSN] Boot error on client....

John T. Leonard johnny at msad41.us
Thu Jan 19 23:13:51 UTC 2006

Hi Chuck....now that I've gotten over my numb spell, I'm thinking that I
probably lost the bios setup on the IBM 8364 thin clients. I'm guessing the MB
batteries didn't hold on a number of them when the power to that room was shut
off for a while. I'll put new batteries in them and will reset the bios on them
in the morning. Hopefully that will cure it. If not, you'll here me yelling all
the way down there on the coast..although I believe this is it, I haven't
rebooted any of the others 8364s yet to test this theory...I did boot a couple
of other HP clients to that box and they seemed fine..just didn't have time to
really jump into it today..thank you, and the others, for the replies...
John

Quoting cliebow at midmaine.com:

> john: dont  suppose dhcp  got upgraded??chuck
>
> > Hello All.....
> > I'm not sure what happened but when I physically reboot a client now I
> get
> > the
> > following:
> >
> > DHCP MAC ADDR: 00 06 29 34 94 9C
> > PXE-EA1: No PXE server found, using standard boot file
> > IP ADDR: 192.168.0.193
> > TFTP: .......
> >
> > It times out there and begins the process all over again.....The clients
> > that
> > are still booted in work fine, but if I physically reboot them, the above
> > happens...I've restarted the services that I think would be involved but
> > not
> > luck.....anyone have an idea or two?
> >
> > John T. Leonard
> > Technology Coordinator