[K12OSN] Need help testing a different approach for the caching-nameserver-ltsp package

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Mon Jan 2 23:09:52 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 15:54, Eric Harrison wrote:

> There are two scenarios I have found where this breaks. One is
> that /etc/named.conf has been customized but still includes the
> ltsp zones. If the ltsp zones are included twice, named won't start.
> The second case is that an alternate config file was already
> specified in /etc/sysconfig/named. If such a customization was made,
> the caching-nameserver-ltsp package should not modify it.

This happens with the caching-nameserver package with any
local modifications, not just ltsp's.  The best approach is
to not use the caching-nameserver package unless you really
don't want anything but caching (i.e. no local zones or
config file modifications.).  The regular bind package
provides caching anyway.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com