Re: [K12OSN] nxclient won't run, missing charsets--solved

On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 09:42, Jim Kronebusch wrote:
> > Is anyone using freenx to give outside access to school computer
> > systems?  That is, is anyone running a server with freenx and
> > allowing students/teachers to connect from home by using nxclient on
> > their home computers?  Since the traffic is all encrypted over port
> > 22, I'd think it would be reasonably safe.
>
> How is the speed?

On a cablemodem it feels just like local.  I even played a bit
with a connection over a slow Sprint wireless PCS (the old version)
connection from a laptop while my wife was driving.  That's about
the equivalent of a 56k dialup and it was surprisingly usable.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les futuresource com