[K12OSN] ltsp ldap client setup

Peter Hartmann ascensiontech at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 20:56:49 UTC 2006

Hey David, thank you and Matt for the script!

> Question #1....did you run authconfig?

Yes.

> Question #2....are you running the Samba/LDAP server on the same machine
> as the LTSP server?

No.

> Question #3....Did you use smbldap-installer to set up the ldap server?

Hell yes.  Although I did run a couple of times with slightly
different settings.  I ended up nuking /var/lib/ldap and re-running
and I  *think* all the other settings went through.  Is there anything
in particular that might not have been updated with a re-run of the
script?  I did move the k12 users to the ldap server because I was
thinking of using the padl.com migrate_passwd.pl because I thought it
actually uses the current passwords (now I don't think it does).  But
I think this might be causing me some problems because
/etc/sysconfig/system-auth checks the login against /etc/passwd first.
 Right now my client setup definetely checks the local /etc/passwd
first.  If It doesn't find an entry and does find a ldap user I get
asked for Login, Password, Ldap Password but I still can't get in. Can
you shed any light on this?

Thanks again,
Peter