Re: [K12OSN] backup solution for K12

On Sun, 2006-07-30 at 13:36, Jim Kathan wrote:
> What’s the simplest way to run daily or weekly backups for K12… should
> I just make a copy of the /home/ folder (which houses everyone’s
> desktop and personal settings)… will it be easy to import that back
> onto a new install of K12Fedora if something goes south? Will I have
> to redo all the file permissions?
>
> And, what’s a good, reliable way to make a full backup of the Fedora
> install? I have used things like BackupMYPC before, and Symantec
> BackupExec for automated backups.

Backuppc (http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/) running on another
machine with a big hard drive will do the backups automatically
over the network and give you a nice web interface to restore
or grab individual files.  It uses compression and linking
of duplicates to keep more history than other methods using
the same space.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com