[K12OSN] K12LTSP - How easy was that!

Simon Faulkner simon at titanic.co.uk
Wed Jun 21 10:45:57 UTC 2006

mvl.1 at newulmtel.net wrote:
> Here's a more basic question: What is rdesktop, and what will it do for you?
>
> I'm really new to this!

I can help with that one

rdesktop is an RDP client which run on Linux

rdesktop will allow you to connect to a Windows XP desktop or Win2K3
terminal server in a similar fashion to VNC

It will allow you to use a windows desktop on your linux terminal

It's not the ideal solution but it can help if you need occasional
access to legacy apps. (We have MS Access databases)

see

http://www.rdesktop.org

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rdesktop

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vnc

Reading the docs it is in K12LTP 4.4.1 but I can't fathom out how to
start it!

HTH

Simon