[K12OSN] Re: [Ltsp-discuss] STARTX and RDESKTOP, Defaulting to RDESKTOP

Gideon Romm ltsp at symbio-technologies.com
Wed Jun 21 20:13:29 UTC 2006

Paul-

This is actually a known issue in LTSP that has needed addressing for
some time now.  When you set up two "graphical" sessions on two separate
screens, you create a "race condition", where the first one to
initialize will grab the focus.  This is because, X, by default, always
grabs control of the virtual terminal.

Last time Jim and I spoke about this, he said that he thought the Xorg
folks put a flag into X to tell it not to take control over the screen
(or virtual terminal), but I don't think either of us have had the time
to look into it/code something up.

A quick fix to your problem might be to add a "chvt 1" in the beginning
of the screen.d scripts.  NOTE:  I am thinking off the top of my head -
I have not tried this.

Hope that, at least, explains things...

-Gadi