Re: [K12OSN] group password

On Wednesday 07 Jun 2006 19:10, Peter Hartmann wrote:
> I'm looking for a way to set a login password for a group of users.  I
> need to change this password often and I'm getting tired of doing it
> manually.  I've tried setting a password for the group that these
> users belong to in Webmin and setting a user in the group to 'no
> password required' but the having the group password set has no
> apparent effect on the login process and the user isn't required to
> enter a pw.   Is there a way to do this?

One method could be setup a file with a bunch of uname:passwd entries and then
do a man chpasswd.
--
Regards
Martin Woolley

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster bgfl org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation