[K12OSN] using fanout to execute one command on multiple servers

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Tue Mar 7 15:34:32 UTC 2006

I have discovered another program called "fanout" which allows me to run
ssh and thus commands (non-interactive) on two servers at once.  I can now
use a script I wrote called "stop" to log off and entire class of users on
both servers with only one command being execute from a terminal on one
server.  More info here:

http://www.stearns.org/fanout/README.html

You could use it to do things like kill firefox on a whole bunch of
servers at once....or to launch scripts...etc.  Very cool!

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcsvikings.org