[K12OSN] OT: XDMCP and DHCP

Paul VanGundy vangundypw at sau14.k12.nh.us
Thu Mar 30 23:44:42 UTC 2006

All,

Ok, I am getting pretty frustrated with a current issue I am facing. I
am currently working on an Ubuntu LTSP installation and have everything
installed and configured except for XDMCP. When I use ltspcfg it says
XDMCP isn't installed. I have xdm and all the libs installed which is
what I read to do. I go back into ltspcfg and it still says it isn't
installed. What am I missing to get XDMCP installed? Does *anyone* have
any idea what I am missing or where I can go?

Also, it appears as though my DHCP server isn't picking up terminal dhcp
requests. I have it configured properly (what I've read from the LTSP
tutorial off of LTSP.org) and allow booting and bootp. I have checked
and double checked but it isn't picking up.

Any and all ideas, websites, tutorials, thoughts, suggestions, pretty
much anything is welcome at this time and would be *greatly*
appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Paul