[K12OSN] Fl_TeacherTool 0.30 Released

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 03:59:25 UTC 2006

On 3/6/06, Peter Hartmann <ascensiontech at gmail.com> wrote:

> >    #cp /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/vnc.so >/opt/ltsp/i386/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/
> >    #cp /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 /opt/ltsp/i386/usr/lib/
>
> I believe I did all this for Fl_TT 2.  The files are there.

There are 3 files. The vnc module, libgcc, libstdc++
The libgcc one already exists but needs to be replaced. That's why I
say to save the original.

> Strangely, lts.conf and bulid_x4_cfg were already edited.  I think
> these instuctions must have been up for a while and I've just been
> eagerly awaiting your release.

Yes, they have been posted before a couple times on the list.

> >The next cp creates a backup of the original >libgcc_s.so.1 library.
> >
> >    #cp /opt/ltsp/i386/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 >/opt/ltsp/i386/lib/libgcc_s.so.1.original

I assume you know there is no ">" in the above line

> With this part i have a link to a shared library
> libgcc_s-3.4.3-20050228.so.1.  So I copied the library, made the
> symbolic link from libgcc_s.so.1 and ran ldconfig.

You should not need to run ldconfig. Not sure about this version of
libgcc_s_3.4.3-200.....
I do not see it in k12ltsp 4.2.1EL. Follow my instructions on the site
exactly. I have tried to be explicit. Don't forget to reboot the
clients.

Just to verify, if anyone else has had success with my instructions
could you post a verification.

Some other things
> that I think might be noteworthy:  In the main TT window pids for all
> users show up as 1 or 2.

Weird. I don't get this. I'm going to keep an eye on this if others
also report this. I hope this is not occuring with everyone.

 When you hit the view button all the
> processes show up though. When I try to monitor I get:
>
>  main:        unable to connect to host: Connection refused (111)

Yeah. This means you did not setup the files in step 4 correctly. I
suspect since you editing things before this that you may have skipped
a step or copied something incorrectly.

> In the command line I also get a lot of:
>
> warning, got duplicate tcp line.

No big deal. This is okay, it just means the uniq filter from netstat
came up with duplicate lines. This is normal. I chose not to throw
away any messages with this version.

--
Robert Arkiletian