[K12OSN] Test FC5 and K12ltsp - Firefox and Mozilla unstable 32 or 64 bit installed on am

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Fri Mar 31 21:10:42 UTC 2006

Jim Christiansen wrote:
> Well, now that the FC5 and K12 test rpms have been married together my
> one test system is have browsers crash all over the place...
>
> The problem first showed up as soon as the clients were running.  I
> uninstalled the 64 bit Firefox then installed the 32 bit as Eric
> suggested and it crashes just as well as the 64 bit versions....  This
> isn't just a firefox problem; Mozilla also crashes while browsing.
>
> Anyone else with this trouble?
>
> Jim

I have not seen browser stability problems in the last couple days since
I upgraded my terminal server to FC5.

If both Firefox and Mozilla are crashing, perhaps you have a bad plugin?

The flash plugin in particular needs test latest version to work with
Firefox 1.5. Run "/usr/sbin/get.flash" just to be sure you have the
latest-n-greatest.

typing in "about:plugins" into the browser will list what plugins you
have and what version they are.

-Eric