[K12OSN] Printing heqq

Doug Simpson veewee77 at alltel.net
Thu May 11 11:54:51 UTC 2006

I have several servers running FCx and I have a few questions about
printing.

First off, where can I find the files it spools to be printed?

I looked in /var/spool/cups and find files in there and delete them, but
they remain in the print manager and eventually say aborted. Where else
are they?

Using cups.

Another thing that hapens is if a print job gets jammed and/or the
printer goes offline for any reason, it jams up the print processes and
nothing I do seems to be able to get the printer back to working. The
last time this happened it took me two weeks to get it to work again and
I can't remember what I did to fix it.

Sometimes I have had to completely uninstall the printer and then
completely re-install it, but that won't even work this time.

Kudzu finds it and configures it but I cannot get it to print.  What
else can I try or do?

This computer here at home isn't the only one this happens to.

Thanks!

Doug