[K12OSN] K12LTSP 5B6-32bit query

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Thu May 11 15:48:31 UTC 2006

Alan Hodson wrote:
> Hi gang
>
> Just installed K12LTSP V5 Beta 6-32 bit (sounds SO impressive) on a
> Dell 4600, and tried searching for the correct way to make ALL my
> clients boot iceWM... I can't say I have a REAL clear picture of how to
> go about it - there are leads, but when trying to find directories and
> file names, they are just not updated.
>
> My query is: Is there an updated HOW TO for making iceWM the V5
> default, and removing the login choices? I know Eric and others will be
> dealing with some of the minor tweaks via yum updates, making this
> distro mature by (US) summer's end, ready for Fall's school opening
> dates - I also know I am not alone in making this request.
>
> Cheers
>
> Alan Hodson
> El Paso ISD, TX
> -=o=-

I think this works...  (untested ;-)

Edit /etc/gdm/custom.conf

In the [daemon] section, add this line:

   DefaultSession=icewm.desktop

and then run gdm-restart (NOTE: this kicks off all users who are logged
in!) or gdm-safe-restart (NOTE: changes will not take affect until all
users are logged out)

The session configuration files are now in /usr/share/xsessions/  if you
want to completely remove the Gnome/KDE/etc sessions.

-Eric