[K12OSN] Re: K12LTSP 5B6-32bit query [Caveat Emptor]

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Tue May 16 18:22:24 UTC 2006

Eric Harrison wrote:
> On Mon, 15 May 2006, Petre Scheie wrote:
>
>> My two cents: I'm not sure if mine is a dhcp problem, but my Beta1
>> test server was working week or so ago.  It's on the same subnet as my
>> production server, so when I want to work on the new version, I turn
>> off dhcpd on the production box, turn on dhcpd on the test server, and
>> then boot whatever clients I'm testing with.  I did this the other
>> day, but all my clients hang at the point where they try to load the
>> kernel. xinetd is running, which I believe is what launches tftpd for
>> passing the kernel to the client.
>
> Sounds like a bug that has already been fixed:
>
>     yum install dhcp-ltsp-config

Yeah, except I already have dhcp-ltsp-config installed and...

> or you can edit /etc/dhcpd-k12ltsp.conf and add this line towards the top
> of the file:  (changing 192.168.0.254 to your server's IP address, if that
> is different, of course)
>
>      next-server                   192.168.0.254;

...I already have this set in the config file.  As I said, it was working, but when I
tried it the other day, after a week or so of not using the beta server, the clients
couldn't get a kernel anymore.  But I'm going to re-install anyway, so my situation
isn't worth worrying about.  I just mentioned it since others were reporting dhcp problems.

>> I've got one client with an i810 video which has never fully booted.
>> I think i810 problems were fixed in a later beta, so I'm just going to
>> re-install.
>
> As far as I know, the i810 video problems are fixed in the latest version.
> If there is someone lurking that has an i810 terminal that still won't
> boot,
> please speak up ;-)

I hope to install the latest beta (6?) this weekend.  I'll let the list know if it
doesn't fix the problem with my iPaq.

Petre