[K12OSN] tight vnc connection to ltsp client refused (111 error)

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Thu May 18 06:19:05 UTC 2006

On 5/17/06, Dan Visentin <visentind at hdsb.ca> wrote:

>  Howdy Folks,
>
>  I've been experimenting with Fl_TeacherTool (brilliant Rob!) but cannot
> monitor the LTSP clients.  I cannot even use the vncviewer to view clients.
> In all cases I get a "connection refused (111)" error.  I've run vncpasswd
> and copied files etc. as per instructions but to no avail.

What version of k12ltsp are you using? k12ltsp 5.0 does not work with
the monitor/control feature of fl_TT because there is no vnc X
extension module compiled in the LBE. I developed fl_TT using k12ltsp
4.2.1EL. Although NO version of k12ltsp has the required module
compiled in the LBE, out of sheer luck the required files when copied
from the host OS seem to work in 4.2.1EL. That's why I labeled them
experimental.

PS most lists prefer plain text instead of html
--
Robert Arkiletian